All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The Staffs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:03 pm 
Corporal

I'm sure you guys remember when we had the Nova Staff and the Dark Star available on the other server but were subsequently removed since they totally changed the gameplay. Well, I agree that they did but here's my suggestion:

Would it be possible to enable them on the server as their own gametype? In other words, is it possible to configure a votable option that would enable only those two weapons?
The only way I can think of would be by enabling the "Melee" Inventory Mode in the Ballistic Weapons menu and adding only the Staffs to the list. "Arena" would not work because it only allows for a single weapon.

I absolutely love these two weapons and play with them offline every now and then but I think it'd be awesome if we could have them on {ABA}. 8-)

What do you guys think?

Screw winning or losing. Just kill kill kill !!!
XFire: teszhamech
Gametracker: MechikTaj

Post subject: Re: The Staffs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:12 pm 
Over Lord

I will take a look at it and see if it possible in some way or another to add it separately to ballistic weapons. Mostly because if anything we would not like them to run at all times with ballistic weapons, but maybe as an added mutator. Let me see if it is possible! I will get back to you on this!

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:17 am 
Corporal

Wow, apparently I had it backwards. You CAN enable the "Arena" Inventory Mode to have both the Dark Star and Nova Staff. The way I just did it (offline) is to click "Edit" next to "Configure Arena" and just simply add the two weapons to the list. D'oh! :lol: I'd guess this "Arena" mode just needs to be added as a votable option (since it would be already preset). Not sure though.

Anyways, thank you for looking into it! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:38 pm 
Over Lord

Hey all, just wanted to let you all know that the staff's are in some of the maps! Enjoy! If you would like to see them in other maps - let us know!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:39 pm 
Corporal

Here's a nice overview of the Staffs and why I think they kick ass! :D

For starters, I highly recommend downloading the full Ballistic Weapons Mod and the Bonus Pack 4 from http://www.runestorm.com/download.php?list.9 instead of using the files downloaded from the server. There are tons of options and settings to play with to make the mod even more enjoyable than it is now.

So, the Nova Staff and Dark Star are very similar weapons but have such a vast amount of options to play with, they could be part of their own game type. Both have Slow and Fast shots and the tertiary modes are Plasma for the Dark Star and Lightning for the Nova Staff. To change between them, use the "Switch Fire Mode" key. If you don't have the mod downloaded, open the console and type: set input a SwitchWeaponMode|OnRelease WeaponModeRelease (where "a" represents the key you'd like to bind that command to). You can also use your secondary fire for their melee attacks. (Thrust and Chainsaw).

Health:
Both weapons have the ability to regenerate your health. The Nova Staff raises it slowly up to 150 simply by having it equipped. The Dark Star will regenerate your health if you attack someone with the Chainsaw.
Ammo:
Both weapons will replenish their own ammo when you use their melee attacks on someone. (The Dark Star is much more efficient at this than the Nova Staff). This also works on team mates as well as any turrets you deploy.

Angel and Demon Modes:
Whenever you kill an enemy, you'll see either an orange or blue ghost floating out of their body. You must collect these to charge up the power meter of the weapon. Once you've collected enough, (easier said than done) the meter will flash and you can then activate "Angel Mode" for the Nova Staff or "Demon Mode" for the Dark Star by pressing the "Weapon Special Key". If you don't have the mod downloaded, go into the console and type: set input z WeaponSpecial|OnRelease WeaponSpecialRelease (where "z" is an example of a key you would like to bind that command to). Hint: just copy and paste that from here and directly into the game using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. Once you activate the mode, the power meter will drain, so continue collecting ghosts. You will have two extra firing modes: "God Strike" and "Chain Lightning" for the Nova Staff; "Immolation" and "Fire Bomb" for the Dark Star. God Strike fires a powerful lightning bolt at the target. Chain Lightning can grab and damage multiple targets at once. Immolation will set a player on fire by merely aiming your crosshair at them and pressing primary fire. Fire Bomb behaves like the Flak Cannon's secondary fire only with... Fire!

Angel Mode will give your character wings and the ability to fly. Demon Mode gives your character horns, extra jump height and faster running speed.

Death Balls:
These are created only when you attack the projectile of the opposite staff with the plasma or lightning of your own. Example: If your opponent is wielding a Dark Star and they are shooting the slow moving projectiles at you, take out your Nova Staff and use the Lightning attack on the projectiles. This causes the enemy's projectile to turn into a Death Ball and attack them!

Black Holes:
One player must use the Dark Star and the other the Nova Staff. Then, they must each fire the Plasma and the Lightning attack into each other. This should create a Vortex that sucks in players and ghosts. You can increase the size and power of the Vortex by shooting it with any weapon until it explodes. (Which then, any ghosts that were trapped in it will be released).

Hints:
If your weapon ever jams (doesn't fire), try switching away from it and then back to it. If that doesn't work, throw it and then pick it back up. This however, will reset the charge meter.
It seems that when two enemies attack each other with the same Staff, the damage they take is significantly reduced. Don't know if it's a glitch or not so if you have the other Staff, don't hesitate to use it instead. 8-)

Phew, a lot to cover... and I'm sure there's more! This is why I think they could be considered their own game type. Have fun trying these out! 8-)

Last edited by «MechikTåj» on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:21 am 
Over Lord

WOW!!!!!!!
Great stuff - you clearly know your shit about those weapons - Thanks!!!!!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:06 am 
Over Lord

Just so everyone knows, runestorm carries the entire download for ballistic weapons. But we have also put it on this/our website under downloads. Everything is there that runestorm put out for the entire ballistic weapons packages. That is except for the info on each and every weapon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:49 pm 
Corporal

This truly is an amazing weapons mod. Really sucks Runestorm stopped supporting it.

I'll post some more information on the other weapons soon. :geek: :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:37 pm 
Over Lord

Thanks Taj, this info is much appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:54 pm 
Corporal

Hehe, I'm actually going to refer you guys to here: http://wiki.runestorm.com/index.php?title=BW_Weapons

There is just too much to cover.

I definitely recommend reading up on at least the "'M50' Standard Assault Rifle" and the "'FP9A5' Explosive Device". ;)

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next