Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Ralph Waldo's somewhat detailed Ballistic weapons advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:34 am 
Sarge

Weapon Tactics

Obviously since we’ve all played with them we all know a thing or two about how they work. For real in depth stats go to runestorm.com and check out there wiki. The wiki is excellent, every detail and function for all the weapons. If you really want to kick booty, I suggest you read that wiki, I have. Below are some observations that I’ve made.

Ballistic wiki- http://wiki.runestorm.com/index.php?title=BW_Weapons

Melee Weapons- I’m not the best Melee fighter, I suspect if I dropped into “3rd” person view I’d be better. When it me vs. bot with melee, bot wins. The benefit of Melee is you can run faster, so if you need to make a quick get away. Switch to Melee and leave that minigun player in the dust. The other big benefit -silent-. Found a sniper whose unaware of you and you don’t want to give your position away to the whole map with the rpg? Knife em! Though unless your lucky it probably won’t kill them with one hit, be prepared to chase them.

Pistols: There are seven pistols in Ballistic and everyone is different, some more so than others. Some are heavy hitters- the d49 revolver and AM67 assault pistol deal a lot of damage (secondary fire on the revolver will drop an unarmored player 90% of the time) while other pistols are pea shooters. Like almost all BW’s you can headshots with most of the pistols. The biggest benefit of pistols along with smg’s is dual wielding. Dual wield whenever you can or are on the run!

Sub-machine guns: These are pretty similar to pistols and can be dual wielded. They do tend to carry more ammo, but be sure to set their fire rate to “Burst” to ensure accuracy.

ShotGuns: Snuck up on somebody and want them dead to rights? Forget the rifles or pistols( but not the rpg/hammer/explosives) put a shotgun in their back and end that problem. Like in all games shotguns are short range big damage dealers. Some shotguns shoot farther and more accurate than others that do more damage. The M763 has good range and accuracy, but no where near the damage of the MRT6 short shotgun-which is worthless at any farther than a few feet.

Assault Rifles: For me the SRS-900 Rifle is one of the best weapons of all the Ballistic weapons for if you tap that special function key you put a silencer on it- ever wonder where them bullets are coming from that be killing you? Most likely from this rifle. I like to be sneaky and this rifle packs the most punch with a silencer. Almost all assault rifles have “stopping power” and will pass through targets to hit multiples- including friendly’s- just shoot through em. Each rifle except the Skaarj has a special function and different fire rates so play around with them.

Sniper Rifles- Pure stopping and piercing power- all sniper rifles will shoot through targets. So line up as many enemies as you can and send a bullet through all of them. They will also shoot through “glass” in the game. The most powerful weapon of all the ballistic weapons is the Railgun- here’s the runestorm text on it, because everyone should take full advantage of this gun-

Primary: Charged Single Shot
Secondary: Activate Zooming Scope
Special: Activate Thermal Mode
Techniques: The M75 has possibly the most damage of all weapons, yet has a highly visible trail, slow reload times, and must be cocked after each shot. However, the railgun has the ability to fire straight through certain walls. This becomes even more deadly, when used with the thermal mode, which allows the player to see through walls. The thermal mode however, makes it very difficult to see the map surroundings. Thermal mode can only be used when in the secondary scope view. The railgun can also reach its maximum damage, if the player waits for it to be fully charged. Tanks can be destroyed in a single shot with the railgun, if it is fully charged. Charge status can be seen in the lower right corner of the screen, just above the ammo counter. Thermal mode has limited range, and enemies in direct sight, appear as bright orange glows, making it harder to target them.

There you have it. I actually don’t use it that much because I want more of a challenge and I like to be sneaky- there is no sneaky with the rail gun so if you use it be prepared to be spotted- because everyone will know where you’re shooting from.

RPG, Lighting Gun, J2329 HAMR
I rarely use any of these weapons. For me they are the balancers- new players can use them to kill experienced players. For the most part these were meant to destroy vehicles and not intended for deathmatch but since they’re here I’ll talk about them.
There has been a lot of complaints about the RPG but like the colt, has made all players equal. If you have the mod installed you can Auto-lock (cue endless whining and accusations of cheating) This feature was really intended for flying vehicles but can be used on players. One thing the opponents don’t talk about that it’s pretty easy to stop a locked rocket by either a) shooting it or b) going inside somewhere. Shooting the rocket is surprisingly easy after you hear a rocket fired look up- if you’re the target the rocket will shoot up and then turn down to home in on you. If you hold still it will go straight at you. Use a rifle or smg and shoot it- it will blow up. You will survive. Be careful though good players will always send two rockets since they do 200 damage, but with max Health and Armor a player can 400 hp- so good players always send 2 to make sure the target gets it.
Lighting Gun- I hate this weapon. For all the whiny time dedicated to the rpg nobody seems to have a problem with the ultimate noob gun. This weapon immobilizes your target bouncing them around so they can’t do anything but die. BORING. Oh, try shooting it in water and see what happens- especially if your in it.
The hammer. This was created by runestorm for one purpose to destroy vehicles. I don’t use it so I can’t really comment on it.

Explosives!
I have a love/hate relationship with mines. I hate stepping on them and for the most part hate placing them. I wish they weren’t apart of the game, but since they are I use them. Now- as long as they aren’t placed under health or a weapon locker they are for the most part pretty easy to spot. When you do, crouch and approach it slowly when you get close hit enter or your “use” key and you can pick up the mine (this works for placed explosives too). Or if you’re in a hurry just shoot them and they’ll go off. A closed mine will flat out kill you no matter how much HP and armor you have, but a bouncing mine, if you dodge quick enough you will probably survive.
"FP9A5" Explosive Device- throw it, slap it, activate the laser. This bomb is highly versatile and extremely deadly when you become good with it. In fact, in close-range combat this is by far the most deadly weapon.
Grenades. These just require practice- Fire modes are essential. You have long, short , and auto- people who don’t have the mod installed can barely use these weapons as intended. The special function even allows you to “cook” a grenade- release the pin to shorten the fuse.

Well there be the weapons, I hope this helped! Ask any questions and I’ll answer to the best of my ability.

Post subject: Re: Ralph Waldo's somewhat detailed Ballistic weapons advice
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:26 pm 
Clan Member

Ralph, I would like to apologize to you for the other day when I called you a cheat. I was out of hand saying that. It was just a bad day for me and it seems like you never die....lol. :o

I think the game play is much better when everyone gets along and there is no name calling. So as for now, I will assume you're one of the best players I've ever been up against until proven otherwise :lol: :lol:

See ya in the game

{ABA}Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:16 am 
Sarge

{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
Ralph, I would like to apologize to you for the other day when I called you a cheat. I was out of hand saying that. It was just a bad day for me and it seems like you never die....lol. :o
{ABA}Hellraiser

No problem Hellraiser, I'm trying too change up my play these days where I do die more often- less sneakiness more close combat. The whole reason I don't die much is I rarely get caught up in close combat. I hide alot and snipe and run away when my health gets down. You'll notice that when I'm hit hard, I usually run away- I'm running for more health/armor. We can have up 400 hp with armor and health together, when maxed out not even a railgun will kill someone with 400 hp.

Ballistic weapons are really powerful and if you have no armor or health bonus, they'll tear through you- even with some armor bonus- basically anything under 200 hp means you're pretty vunerable. So stack as much health and armor as possible. If you want to seem unkillable, run away when your hp gets low and don't fight until your at max again.

cheers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:34 am 
Sarge

The DarkStar- Staff Weapon.
Primary fire- Fire Various Modes of Plasma
Alt fire- Chainblade
Special- Enter "Demon" Mode
Firemodes- Slow Charge, Fast Charge, Plasma

The other day Boom and I were playing around not really fighting, just exploring the Ordruin map and we discovered that you can use the secondary fire- the melee chainsaw attack to climb steep slopes. I wanted to get this out there before the inevitable accusations of cheating arise- You don't even need to install the mod for this for those who like to play with a handicap of not having it.

The way it works- point the staff at the ground and hit secondary fire, you'll notice the chainsaw drags you foward. Go to a steep slope that you could not previously climb and try it out, you'll swiftly be dragged up it. You cannot climb up walls, only slopes. Anyone can do it. no mod required. Just a fun non-combat use for one of the weapons.

This is really fun on that huge map with the tanks- someone should edit the invisible walls out of it so one could get around even more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm 
Clan Member

Sweet tip! Thanks :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:00 am 
Sarge

How to use the Nova Staff and Dark Star

The last couple of days I've been using the staffs and thier special powers- once again, if you do not have the mod installed you might as well stop reading this because you can't do it. But if you do have the mod installed the staffs as you may know are exceptionally powerful weapons (Maybe too powerful). I'm going to explain how to take full advantage of the weapons.

When you kill someone with either staff you'll notice a "ghost" is left over- blue ghosts for the Nova, red for the dark star. Collect these ghosts and you will start to fill the little bar at the bottom of your screen. Once that bar is full you can access either the "angel" mode for the Nova Staff or the "demon" mode for Dark Star. These modes make you very powerful and give you new fire modes to access (Godstrike firemode for the angel is whhhoooop ass) Being in the mode will drain all the ghosts you have collected but you can kill more peeps and collect more to keep it going. If you switch weapons during this period you will have to fill the staff to full again before accessing the special modes.

To refill the ammo on either staff you must use the melee strike and it will suck ammo out of the victims.

for more info on the Nova Staff go here- http://wiki.runestorm.com/index.php?title=Nova_Staff

for more info on the Dark Star- http://wiki.runestorm.com/index.php?title=Dark_Star

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 pm 
Clan Member

I would like to know more about the black holes and how they could be created and utilized. Anyone have more info regarding this? :ugeek:

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 7 posts ]