View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Weapons
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:33 pm 
Clan Member

Going to take some getting used to, some of them are cool and some are downright weird. A shotgun that looks like the recoilless rifle? :-) The new redwood double barrel is no match for the coach gun, but the incendiary rocket launcher is super cool. Be advised tho--the weps are quirky enough to crash my UT after only a few minutes of play. I'm sure that will get worked out in time.

However with the new update there have been some changes on the server that might have been unintentional. The speed that someone cranked up to 1.3 a week or so ago remains cranked up. Can we please return that to 1.0 where it was?

Also, with the new weap update, the audio feedback (the "hit sound") has been switched off. As a result I don't get any sort of audio indication when I am on target. Can we please switch that back on?

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

Post subject: Re: New Weapons
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 am 
Private

I really enjoyed the trying out the new batch of weapons today! Really really fun, and I'm getting some new favorites from among them. I agree with Queen Bitch about the Coach Gun. The classic needs to come back. Also the new nuke is amazing and fun! Although it shouldn't be so frequently available as it is now, but rather a special evil treat for the person that finds it on a map or in a single locker.

I hope to spend some more time this coming weekend with the new batch of goodies to evaluate them more! Thanks again for adding these for us to experiment with!

Oh, my spleen!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 pm 
Over Lord

The nuke is a special weapon and I will be taking it out of rotations shortly! I just wanted to add it because it is fun for a bit and let everyone try it out. We will place it in certain maps down the line so to minimize its use! As for the game speed, I have had the game speed from the beginning when {ABA}Abadass and myself opened the server at the current speed of 1.3. That has not changed, it is possible that the new weapons may seem to change the speed of the game! When I get a chance I will look into the hits sound, hopefully by this weekend. Is anyone else having this issue? I believe there is a client side as well to ensure that it is turned on per client.

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:26 am 
Over Lord

Also a note on how to pull up your client hit sound. When in game press the tilde symbol ~

Than type in

mutate utextra

This will bring up your own client hit sound and you can adjust your own volume from there, and select it on or off!

Hope this helps.

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 4 posts ]