All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 10 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: MINES
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:33 pm 
Corporal

OK, Yes I use mines and grenades(most of you know that). BUTT, hehehehe
Mines on p/u's should NOT be tolerated!
Being placed on ANY p/u. Any where! I have seen it happen with my team mates, and not have said anything. This will change.

This seems to be the major practice for lots.
I am NOT going to mention names unless I am asked!

I used to play BZ (battle zone) this was NEVER tolerated from any one player at or on ANY server.

I will NOT throw any one under the bus, discretion needs to be used

Thanks,
RoNiN

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Firefighting is FUN

Post subject: Re: MINES
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:17 pm 
Over Lord

Send me a PM of individuals doing this..........

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:09 pm 
Captain

There is a warning on the server not to place mines on any health or weapons lockers. And, that's the extent of it. As far as I am
aware the admins are OK with mines on other pickups.

Note 1 - I have places a mine recently on an empty floor, while running, and did not realize that it was a health pickup location.
So, for people unfamiliar with a map this will always be a problem. I have memorized some but not all locations across some of the maps.

Note 2 - I should post this is the suggestion topic but I'll mention it here. I thought that there was a sticky on the mine issue here
on the forums but I can't find it. So, to ABadass, Bonjaa etc. How about a sticky in either(or both) the Welcome and News forums.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:35 pm 
Corporal

I admit I have done that too. I have also gone back and detonated to clear the area. :arrow:

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
Firefighting is FUN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:38 am 
Captain

taintedgod wrote:
one more thing how do u not know where you're putting the mines? because you need to look down to put mines on the ground

On most, if not all, of the maps that we play, if you come across a location with a health pickup that has recently been "picked up" then there is nothing to mark
the spot to tell you that it is a pickup location. So, unless you've memorized that spot on that map then you don't know.

I see that aBadAss has recently edited Blackhawk to add markers to the pickup locations. Good job :!:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:30 am 
Grunt

Hi guys you all know I love mines! That can be the Cat and Mouse side of this Run and Gun game. I keep them 5 to 6 feet away from lockers and health and don't intentionally put them under armor and weapons. You can retrieve yours and others mines by crouching 3 feet away and pressing "use" to pick up. You can remotely turn on and off you laser mines to pass by safe. For portal mines- If you are chasing me you can expect a mine on the other side- enter at your own risk. New players are OK with no mines on lockers and heath and adding to many "no's" is no fun. ps you can take out the heatseeker with the lighting gun by zapping it. have fun Chop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:30 am 
Captain

taintedgod wrote:
ok because chop didnt answer me does anyone know what a 'laser gun' is?

Are you talking about the RPG Topic? Here - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=80&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=laser&start=20 ??

If so, then Chop wrote "Lightning Gun".
If you read "laser" then perhaps Chop went back and edited his post and changed it to Lightning (usually a forum will make a notation
in the post when someone edits their post, which I do not see in Chop's post).

Meanwhile - if you haven't looked at the Ballistic weapons in detail yet, go here - http://www.runestorm.com/page.php?2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:56 pm 
Clan Member

I don't mine healths or weapons lockers, but I mine everything else. I am fully prepared to alter my play any time you guys want to alter the rules. In the meantime, quit whining at me if you find a mine on a weapon or armor--the rules are QUITE clear.

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm 
Clan Member

Okay I'm going to gripe again about mines. This is the only weapon where you can be killing someone half a map away with another weapon and kill 5 people on the other side of the map while combating others with cheap mine kills. It, in my opinion, truly corrupts the game. I guess it does give someone new to the server or UT a chance to kill anyone without much skill but for people that play the game consistently you should be ashamed to use these. Not one time have I ever or will ever place a mine for a cheap kill. Just like with the RPG, I would like to start a vote to banish mines from the game (it will probably be a waste of time since almost everyone uses them but I would like to have one anyway).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:09 pm 
Clan Member

You know what could be useful and interesting? If there was mutators that players could vote certain weapons out for the next map. This way particular weapons could be used by different players, or not, map to map, without getting rid of them entirely. Is this possible?
:idea:

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 10 posts ]