Home Page Home Page  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: DISCUSSION TOPIC: WEAPONS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 pm 
Sarge

Hey all,

I love ballistic weapons and I like many of the additions that Sgt. Kelly made, but I've noticed on the server that even though there are a wide range of weapons it seems only a few are actually ever used and those few have made this more of a sci-fi laser fight mixed with uber rockets than a gunfight with semi-realistic rifles and machine guns.

The reason for this is these weapons are simply easier to use and usually you will get a quick kill. Many of these weapons are a lot of fun to use, but as of late due to the exceptional effectiveness they've become almost the only weapons used- even Sgt. Kelly himself has said many of these weapons were meant to counter vehicles not meant to be used in Deathmatch-

The weapons I'd like to see go-

Recoiless rifle
Both Golden Guns
Red laser gun that is based on the lighting gun
the yellow laser rifle
Lighting gun
both staffs
and land mines

Well, I think these weapons are either a) too powerful or B) they don't really fit with the rest of the weapons. I could have included the RPG and I hate, hold on- HATE the Rpg, but I see how it fits in the game and is balancer- not to mention you can shoot the rockets of the air which balances it's power. Some might agrue that mines don't belong on the list- I can see that, I've included them because they are the only weapon that has no active skill requirement- even the F9 explosives require a bit of talent.

so, that's what I think, any one else have comments on this?

Post subject: Re: weapons change up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:04 pm 
Clan Member

I agree with the staffs and golden pistols- both the single shot and laser version. But my biggest complaint is with mines. I have always had a hatred (I have never used them or will ever used them) for these as, in my opinion, are the weapons that take no skill to use (no aiming), can be placed anywhere (and in any quantity) and even if jumped over they still can go off and kill you. This is also the only weapon that can kill an opponent while the user is also killing with another weapon. I have also noticed a couple of regular players using these on health and the weapon lockers as of late. If any weapon should be banned it should be the mines.

Post subject: Re: weapons change up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:23 pm 
Over Lord

Thanks for your post on the weapons we use - this is good as we can discuss them and possibly make changes if majority agrees.........

ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: DISCUSSION TOPIC: WEAPONS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:58 pm 
Clan Member

I agree on the land mines its a cheep kill in any kind of game or map.I don't care what any one says
you cant always see them
I use the laser golden gun not the staffs but like the staffs
its just a way to rack up a lot of EZ kills fast not a lot of skill. That gun with out the laser whould be cool
but then again the laser comes in handy in a room with 3 chain guns roaring at you.
The red laser is to slow to weary about.
The recoilless rifle is that's the one in boom boom. That every one has and is using it that's fair
whats not fair is starting with a knife and a revolver and have to
fight through a room full of RPGs and machine guns to get to a locker the yellow 6 shot revolver could go
most weapons are fair its all about availability to all or some thing to counter it
What yellow laser rifle???

Image My spelling sucks figure it out

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:52 am 
Clan Member

To date three dozen have looked at this post and only three of us have an opinion on this topic - that's BS
I've heard a lot more in game.
If you like it say so if you don't say so!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:06 am 
Sarge

I agree- I think we need far more discussion on this, if we took as it stands- Mines would definitely go and probably so would the golden guns. I know there are players out there that like mines- But I agree with what Torment and Worlock said on them.

I'd also agrue that recoiless is too much- for example- until the recoiless came along- the railgun, was the most powerful weapon in the game, but it does about 300 points of player damage in general with a full charge and about 600 vehicle damage- But to use the railgun you become a highly visible sniper and letting recharge to full power takes time- The Recoiless rifle barely has any of these balancers- for one, as far as I can tell it does on average 500 damage to both vehicles and players, there is no vehicle/player differential as opposed to every other weapon. The Recoiless was based on the rpg and is carried about the same weight and reload, but does well over twice the damage with an sniper speed and accuracy where the rpg was carefully balanced with slow lumbering rockets that could be shot out of the air- aside of the golden guns, this thing is the most over-powered weapon in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 pm 
Clan Member

I would have to say out with the staff's as well. The secondary power has no equal. If you are hit you are dead and there is no escape. I use them with the edge attack mostly so I don't really benefit from them that much. As far as the recoiless rifle goes, I am split on it. On one hand it is very powerful and does a ton of damage. On the other, it is slow to reload and only holds one shot. Also it is not a weapon to fight one on one with as it is very hard to use up close. I would rather keep this and get rid of the secondary function on the rocket launcher or the "auto aim" feature. Good bye golden guns also.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:43 pm 
Clan Member

land mines, staff, golden guns and auto lock on RPG should go by by
obviously no one else cares

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 pm 
Sarge

Balance discussion eh? Here are the actual designated slots for my weapons:

SM-AT/AA Recoiless Rifle
- This is a primarily anti-vehicle gun and goes in the Avril category.

Both Golden Guns - These are Redeemer class weapons. NOT assault rifle. I don't really get why you guys have them in the spawning bin. The blue laser's getting nerfed next time around so it can't be abused even if it gets put in the wrong spot.

Red laser gun that is based on the lighting gun - If you're talking about the HVPC plasma cannon, that's a G5 and MRL class weapon.

Balance Info:
The SM-AT/AA's vehicle and player damage doesn't change because there's no need for it. It shoots a shaped artillery charge, not an HE rocket. The HAMR works the same way. Either way, it only shoots one shot and has a several second reload time, which puts it at a serious disadvantage to both the M75 Railgun and X-83 50 cal. (Both of which do 100+ damage even on low charge.) It sucks at close range unless you detonate it.

The HVPC Mk5 (Red Plasma Cannon) has bad accuracy and chaos, so it shouldn't even be a problem unless you're firing it up close. It's no easier to use than the minirocket launcher or G5.

I'm personally wondering where the EVPC Mk9 (Green Plasma Cannon) is, if anything deserves to be in the Redeemer spot, it's that.

Last edited by Sergeant Kelly on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 pm 
Private

Hi Folks,

I would like to see the land mines removed but am not too terribly concerned about the other items (a couple of which I don't even recognize!).

Arby (RB)

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3, 4
 >> Next