All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: DISCUSSION TOPIC: WEAPONS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:49 pm 
Over Lord

Okay folks - We are gaining some ground here on the discussion. 1st of all - There will always be maps with specific weapons on them. For example - Boom Boom Bridge will always be "The Benelli" map just as KnightzBadAssBattlefield and LeftAlive will always have The Staffs. 2nd of all - We are currently moving (not removing) certain weapons to a more appropriate classification and you may not spawn with them or see them in some maps. We are also changing the firing modes of some weapons ~thanks to Sgt. Kelly. Re: Mines - you will not find them in lockers - but may have a "2 mine pick up" scattered in some maps - This will be adjusted as we play the maps more. Also - there will be "Redeemer class" weapons on most maps with tanks. These changes can and will take time - so please patient and continue the discussion. It is a shame that only a select few have discussed this.........

We will be testing out Sgt. Kelly's new weapon pack - so I will start a new post for that.

~on a side note~ I removed the Staff from BlackHawk a few days ago........

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 pm 
Clan Member

{ABA}QueenBitch wrote:
I agree there are some weapons in the game that are out of control because they are extremely unbalanced. What's the best combat tactic against a guy camping with a self-guided RPG? Die a lot trying to get close. Or get your own self-guided RPG. If your options against a weapon are simply die a lot or go get the same weapon then skill is no longer the deciding factor... and if skill is not the deciding factor then the weapon unbalances the game.

In my opinion, these weapons unbalance the game:

1. GSRX Golden Pistol - it SELF CHARGES... QUICKLY! And you can carry two of them! AND the laser does ridiculous amounts of damage rapidly. You can easily get megakills with this pistol... it should not be easy to get megakills with a pistol. Yes I use this pistol, because if I don't somebody else (including bots) will. This gun should be GONE, flat out GONE. It's great to have a sort of superweapon in the game--but there's a reason the redeemer was a one shot weapon.

2. G5 RPG, Self-Guided mode - there are countermeasures against the G5 in its various modes, but the self-guided mode is ridiculous--yes you can shoot the rocket down if you know it's coming, but most of the time you don't, especially when the weapon is being abused (i.e. being used specifically to target people who are already engaged in combat with other players.) It's incredibly inappropriate to be dominating all comers with combat skill only to be taken out by a weapon which steers itself (AROUND CORNERS GIVE ME A BREAK). There are only a million ways to make this weapon more reasonable... it never ceases to amaze me that none of them were implemented. The self guided mode on the G5 should be GONE, or, like the AVrIL it should require you to keep the target painted until impact, and it shouldn't steer itself around cover.

3. Both Staves - come on, what have these got to do with realistic combat? You can charge them on your own bots (and BTW, I HATE it when my teammies charge their staves on me--it screws me up) and once they get to whatever magical state it is, they turn into ridiculous weapons granting the user ridiculous powers. Nobody needs these weapons and they don't match the game flavor anyway, they should be gone.

4. Benelli Shotgun - there's no such thing as a "sniper shotgun", and any map that has it (Boom Boom Bridge springs to mind) simply becomes a game of "get to the Benelli first" unless there are vehicles handy. It so unbalances Boom Boom Bridge that simply staying away from the Benelli area can reduce your deathrate by 90%. Mostly because people pick it up and then sit there waiting for the next person who wants to pick it up.

Borderline weapons for me are the M5 (come on, it can rapid fire grenades and holds like 40 of them? get real) and the lightning gun (anything that locks you down and keeps you from responding is pretty silly).

I for one would like to see the redeemer come back and also the translocator... these would make great answers to some of the more ridiculous weapons out there.

In my opinion these weapons do NOT unbalance the game:

1. Land Mines - in fact these balance the game--they are a great way to deal with someone abusing the staves or the GSRX Golden Pistol. Unlike the self-guided G5, if you are cautious enough it's pretty hard to step on one. Plus your own mines can blow you up and they will if you place too many... you'll never remember where they all are. They *can* be abused though--it does get irritating if everybody just starts dropping mines all over the place. Easiest solution? Modify the mines to self detonate when the person who placed them dies (just like spidermines did--to solve this very problem.) Or give the mines a lifespan. If nobody steps on it in say 2 minutes, it self detonates. People planting too many? Add a risk factor... 10% chance the mine blows when you plant it. That would solve the problem. Another solution would simply be to make the mines more realistic--make it take a minimum of 10 seconds to plant one.

2. The Golden Gun - I'm surprised that people complain about this at all. It comes with 1 or 2 bullets, and that's it. It's a one shot anti-vehicle weapon. There's no way this unbalances the game. If you are on foot and are a skilled dogfighter, I'm not going to be able to hit you with it (unlike the lightning gun which sucks you in and holds you)--problem solved. If you are rolling around in a tank, well you should be at risk to anti-vehicle weapons.

3. The Recoilless Rifle - it isn't self guided, it doesn't have any sort of guidance options, it requires time to stabilize, it needs to be laboriously reloaded after every shot. It's far more realistic than the G5 RPG. It's a rocket for chrissakes... you shouldn't be able to "dodge it". Entrenched recoilless rifle campers are prime targets for stealth/snipe operations--at least their weapon isn't going to magically find you for them like the G5 does.

In closing--these are my opinions--they are neither right nor wrong so please don't bite my head off if you disagree.

Holy Smokes {ABA}QueenBitch......You're not going to believe this....but.....I agree with EVERYTHING you said. :o Now that has got to be a first..... :lol:

But in my opinion, I think everything you pointed out makes very good sense. Just my opinion :D

Oh and by the way Queen, congrats on the {ABA}

{ABA}Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 pm 
Clan Member

LOL... that's gotta be a first! I better go check out the window and make sure the world is still there. ;)

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:18 am 
Clan Member

Hey I just noticed at left there that I've been promoted from Private to Major... so I guess that makes me a Major Bitch.

:lol:

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 am 
Clan Member

{ABA}QueenBitch wrote:
Hey I just noticed at left there that I've been promoted from Private to Major... so I guess that makes me a Major Bitch.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems like every one likes Sergeant Kelly's, Jack_Carver and Fische11,s new weapons
And with what the Admins have done its gotten to be fairly balanced matches
The games seem to move at a faster pace now
I also think that these post have made players look at how they play and change for the better
Thing might change after every one really learns the new weapons
But for now I like it
This is just my point of view
If you agree post it If you don't post it

Image My spelling sucks figure it out

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3, 4