Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: ? RPG Removal Poll ?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:32 am 
Captain

The big "problem" with the heat seeking RPG is that you can tag a target and then duck out of sight. At least with the railgun you have to be exposed to the
target while firing, so at least the target has a chance of getting you.

I've been trying to find info. on the Kelly RPG but I haven't had any luck yet. If the Kelly RPG does not have the heat seeking capability than
that may be the solution to the "problem".

As for the mines, I'm playing Devil's advocate, if you're gonna start picking and choosing what you don't want than that's my choice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:40 am 
Clan Member

{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
Hay......... as long as we are voting on stuff we all don't like.........can I vote to get rid of QUEENBITCH[b][/b] :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry BITCH but your not a fun person to play with...........lol I mean is this what it's going to come too? I say stop whining about what your getting killed with and just play the game. I get killed all the time and I'm not on here trying to get rid of every weapon that kills me.
:cry:

:roll: I'm not on here trying to get rid of every weapon that kills me either, Chumley. I'm not on here trying to get rid of any weapons in fact, last I checked the OP was soliciting opinions from players--heaven forbid I actually have one. My opinion is that it is a cheap weapon, and if you are going to use it you might as well use an aimbot too--that's what it's called when the software kills your opponents for you.

Nonetheless, as I myself noted to ABadAss the other night, if that's the game you guys want to play, you should be able to do it without me bitching about it. Since I'm not going to censor myself, the only other option is for me not to play on your server. Just as well anyway, I'm not going to install the ballistics mod because I don't think I should be able to shoot through walls and so forth.

So whatever, it was fun while it lasted, sorry if I spoiled your fun. You don't need to vote me off, I'll leave. :arrow:

Thanks for some GGs. :) Bye.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:43 pm 
Over Lord

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

This post /poll is not an open opportunity to bash any one player in particular - Several players have made it clear that they do not like RPG's. (Some have not submitted there opinions online yet but I have had the discussions with them) Many players have also given their opinion that they like the RPG's - Please submit your opinions regarding whether you like or dislike the RPG - discuss the hell out of this subject and try to keep it civil at all times.........Thanks

Can't we all just get along? Image

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:27 pm 
New Recruit

MB42 wrote:
The big "problem" with the heat seeking RPG is that you can tag a target and then duck out of sight. At least with the railgun you have to be exposed to the
target while firing, so at least the target has a chance of getting you.

I've been trying to find info. on the Kelly RPG but I haven't had any luck yet. If the Kelly RPG does not have the heat seeking capability than
that may be the solution to the "problem".

As for the mines, I'm playing Devil's advocate, if you're gonna start picking and choosing what you don't want than that's my choice.

Actualy, you dont have to be exposed to the target with the railgun. With its special scope you can see through walls up to a short distance.

As for the kelly RPG, I have just downloaded and tried it in instant action. There is no seeking rpg on it, but it also only has one rocket per mag, its alt fire is a suicide bomb, and it seems its main use is to be a sniper with exploding shots. I Dont like it myself. But I belive I only got a beta version so it may have changed since then.

As for me bringing up the modded RPG, I have got the one I modded to show up in the balistic's list (much easyer to do then i thought). So the option of replacing the RPG with a version that dosn't lock on is their.

BOOM!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 pm 
Clan Member

{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
...Because if you get rid of that then what's next?...
All slippery slope arguments are inherently fallacious. If you want to argue against removal of the RPG "what might get removed next" is simply a distraction. I could as easily make the same argument in the other direction--"If you are going to have a weapon that aims itself, what's next? We legalize aimbots?"

Slippery slopes are nonsense.

Sorry if my bitching bothers you. Your self-aiming weapons bother me. I'd call that even.

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:22 pm 
Clan Member

QueenBITCH lighten up!!! :lol: :lol: Did you not see the :lol: :lol: after what I said about you. If that bothered you than I apologize. I didn't mean that I wanted you to leave or anything like that. Your a very good player. A little to vocal at times. All that I ask is that we all get along. This is just a game and we are supposed to be having fun. If you have noticed, for the most part, I have not used that on you lately because I don't want to hear your bitching. Like you said you have an opinion and are entitled to it. You don't like it but a lot of players do. I am always getting killed by a guided missile and I don't complain. If it pisses you off then hunt down the player and kill him/her......I do.

I'm not going to be going back and forth with you on this for this is supposed to be for players saying whether or not they want the RPG, so I will not comment on anything else you say after this. I hope you will do the same.

And STOP calling me a CHUMP :lol: :lol: :lol:

{ABA}Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:16 am 
Sarge

Captain_Florida wrote:
I found again playing tonight with that "special player" who has been the focus of much discussion on this server. I told him to STFU after "another" player accused him of cheating. Sigh, my bad.

C'mon Florida you can say my name. I do think it's funny that you're the very picture of civility here but not on the server. It is nice that you think I'm special.

I think the RPG heat seeking is a great balancer. It allows less experienced players to kill good players. I hate getting hit by it, but it's not impossible to stop.

The RPG is one of the slowest and most distinct weapons in the game. It makes a very noisy and particular sound when it's launched and it leaves a pretty blatant smoke trail right back to whoever shot it. If you're at max health and sheilds it'll take two to kill you, so keep that health and armor over 200- the rpg does about 200 damage more or less. It can be shot out of the air when it's on auto lock, it's pretty easy to do since it goes up and then straight at you. Use a rifle or submachine gun and you'll get the hang of it pretty darn quick. Most people also don't know that the rocket has a nose camera that can be accessed by using the special function key after you get a lock and fired. You literally can watch the rocket smack down.

Now you can only auto lock if you have the mod installed and you can get the mod here- http://www.runestorm.com/news.php

I'm actaully indifferent on whether to keep it or not. It does bug me, but then so do mines and the lighting gun. If we dump this then how long before we're down to just melee weapons left? though that'd be fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:16 am 
Captain

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love the writing style.

I'm not going to comment since this isn't the topic for that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:12 pm 
Over Lord

taintedgod wrote:
the rpg is ok but it's the laser guided rockets(the secondary) should be removed because that right there is a cheap kill

They are one in the same if you have the Ballistics downloaded on your game - can't remove one without removing the whole weapon......... 8-)

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 am 
Grunt

ABADASS use to pummel me with the heatseeker and i mean dead six in a row. Now I got the ballistic down load and use it combined with the camera to take these snipers out. Whoa what fun!!! If you can switch to your lightning gun in time it will take out the RPG with good success. I posted in a different topic that this is a RUN AND GUN AND A CAT AND MOUSE GAME. Different maps weapons and players ad to this.. Keep the RPG and mines learn how to use them and avoid them. I hate being stabbed with the knife and want it replaced with a prank handshake buzzer that kills you with laughter.. have fun. CHOP

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2, 3
 >> Next