All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ? RPG Removal Poll ?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:52 pm 
Over Lord

Well, here is the story we have! The rpg is a nice weapon in itself when using it without the heat sink. Even though the heat sink option is a great option. But we have been finding that the rpg seems to be falling under the same opinion as the use of mines on lockers and healths. More so for the reason that there is not much that you can do to protect yourself - especially because the rpg is so quiet! Sometimes you get the opportunity to shoot it down, but for the most part one will usually get killed out of nowhere. So we are now polling about the rpg. Tell us what you think! One thought that crossed my mind is to replace the rpg with the Sargent Kelly rpg, which does not have the heat sink but has a lightening quick fire.

Also a question to put out there. In the army - was the rpg made/used specifically for vehicle and aircraft fire - anybody know more info on this?

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

Post subject: Re: ? RPG Removal Poll ?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:12 pm 
Clan Member

Well you guys have already gotten an earful of me bitching about the self-guided mortar. I think it is an incredibly cheap weapon and it really bugs me when someone is dug in and I am tactically advancing on them and they start lobbing self-aiming bombs into the air because they can't take me out the old fashioned way.

The laser guided mortar is more realistic at least, but the self guided? The thing flies around corners for Pete's sake! Ridiculous!

I for one would be happy to see it gone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 am 
Captain

Note first - the "real" RPG was designed mainly as an anti-tank weapon, although it's been used as anti-bunker and anit-personel as well.
As far as I know it can't be used as anti-plane unless the plane is parked or rolling slowly :) Because a "real" RPG is not guided.

I don't care either way if you do away with the RPG. However if we're going down the road of voting for what we like or don't like I'd also vote to do away with the mines.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:30 am 
Clan Member

@MB42 - I can see where one would find mines frustrating--in truth I try to use them in a manner guaranteed to frustrate--but on a real battlefield, we'd be far more likely to step on a mine than to be hit by an RPG that steers itself around corners.

I love dropping mines in favored sniping spots. The remote activated charges are even more fun. Sometimes I will deliberately get people to chase me into areas where I've planted such charges.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm 
Over Lord

I have been guilty of using the RPG to frustrate the hell out of players so they can hunt me down and destroy me.......lol. If we can use restraint on the usage and not only use them as our primary weapon - then the RPG's should stay. If there was a way to eliminate the "heat sink" in the .ini - that would work for me. I will "google" this to see if it's possible. Using all weapons available causes players to hone their skills in taking them out with bullets. I also use the trail of smoke to detect the location of the RPG'er and try to take him/her (well usually him...lol) out with an RPG. Truth be known - When I piss off a player with multiple RPG's and they complain, the devil in me makes me continue the barrage of RPG's. Although this is not acceptable behavior, I get a kick out of this -(obviously a character flaw on my part) - but at least I am honest about it.....lol. I can be an Asshole at times as you all well know - I have a stressful job and this is my therapy. However; as admin, I will stay neutral on this vote and let the players decide the fate of the RPG......To be or not to be - that is the question......

BTW - if my post or opinion upsets you - piss off!!! LOL

Peace Out! And let the good times roll.............good....... times......... roll.................let the good times roll........

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:51 pm 
Clan Member

Hi Guys Rampage here; I think its cool!! My problem is, I find for me, its hard to get the scope , I have to fire a round before I see myself flying towards my victim , then ,finally, hit the button again ,then the scope comes up,I see red, and it works? I like the Mod. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:17 pm 
Clan Member

Heeeey..... I didn't know you could shoot down the rpg projectiles! Something I definitely have to try now. I didn't realize it bugged peeps so much- I guess I could show some restraint with them, but as for voting off, I've noticed more and more maps have tanks in them and rpg is a must for balanced play with vehicles. Srg. Kelly rpg sounds interesting. Regarding mines, I mainly use them to rack up kills from bots and just assume most players see them and fire at them to set them off if they are in the way. I hardly think they are so insurmountable as to vote them out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:26 pm 
Over Lord

Manimal wrote:
Heeeey..... I didn't know you could shoot down the rpg projectiles! Something I definitely have to try now. I didn't realize it bugged peeps so much- I guess I could show some restraint with them, but as for voting off, I've noticed more and more maps have tanks in them and rpg is a must for balanced play with vehicles. Srg. Kelly rpg sounds interesting. Regarding mines, I mainly use them to rack up kills from bots and just assume most players see them and fire at them to set them off if they are in the way. I hardly think they are so insurmountable as to vote them out.

Nice Avatar Manimal!!!!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm 
Clan Member

Well I have to admit I'm GUILTY of using the rpg much more than I should be I guess. I have told people in a game if it bugs them so much I will try, key word here TRY, to not use it. But when I get people like QueenBITCH :evil: calling me names and trying to piss me off, I admit, I use it more and more on her. :lol: :lol: :lol: Now I know I shouldn't, but there is no need for name calling and whining. I get hit with it ALOT and I don't whine to the person that's killing me with it. It just makes me try and be much more sneaky and find them before I get hit with it again.

I say leave it in. Because if you get rid of that then what's next? Mines? I'll admit I hate getting blown up by a mine, but what the hell, that's part of the game right? Just like the RPG is.

Hay......... as long as we are voting on stuff we all don't like.........can I vote to get rid of QUEENBITCH[b][/b] :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry but sometimes you can be a BITCH..........lol. :shock: I mean is this what it's going to come too? I say stop whining about what your getting killed with and just play the game. I get killed all the time and I'm not on here trying to get rid of every weapon that kills me.

{ABA}Hellraiser

Last edited by {ABA}Hellraiser on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:09 pm 
I think the RPG's should stay, ya the seeking morter is cheap but then agean you can shoot through walls with the rail gun...

And if that is the only problem, the lockon can changed. I have a modded rpg on my comp that takes 10000000000000000000secs to work rendering it useless. Only problem is that I dont know how to get balistics to see it so it has to be summoned in atm... If anyone knows how to fix that I would love to know^^

As for the Srg. Kelly rpg, i have never used it so who knows, might be a good idea to switch the two for a day or so before voting is done so we can see how it will affect game play on the servers.

BOOM!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2, 3
 >> Next