All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: BANNED thank you.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:53 am 
Sarge

I dont want to seem like im making this whole thing ridiculous (spelled right?), but i know someone who had this same problem in my bf2142 clan. @First-poster Just say,"okay, i'm good so what?" @{ABA} If you ban/kick for good players, kick me. I'm really good, i just dont play to often. I've beaten 5:1 godlike bots, and that translate into skillz online.

FYI, i didn't read the last 2 posts.

http://www.4shared.com/file/96564070/32cbc9e7/SergeantKellysBonusPackV8.html

Mods>ImageStandard gamesImage

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:37 pm 
Over Lord

BurnerMeen wrote:
I dont want to seem like im making this whole thing ridiculous (spelled right?), but i know someone who had this same problem in my bf2142 clan. @First-poster Just say,"okay, i'm good so what?" @{ABA} If you ban/kick for good players, kick me. I'm really good, i just dont play to often. I've beaten 5:1 godlike bots, and that translate into skillz online.

FYI, i didn't read the last 2 posts.

You are new here right? This is something we have been working on for a while and requires past experience with personal knowledge of this specific situation. I appreciate your input but this doesn't involve you..............See your skillz online 8-)

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:46 am 
Clan Member

As one of the bitchier players--I guess the only thing I can offer here is what I've learned: there are going to be players who use tactics which you (or I, or whoever) are going to consider "cheap", or "noob".

That may be all they have, but it's in the game and it works. Calling them noobs is not cool. It's awesome if someone is a skilled player and can fight in a sportsmanlike manner--but dying like a sportsman is also important.

Nobody likes to have their victories pissed on--and it's really weak to dis someone who kills you after you've wasted them 20 times in a row just because they used a gun which requires less skill than the gun you are using.

I think a better policy, if you can't say something nice, is to just shut up. It's not like you aren't going to score another 20 kills on them following the "noob play". If the "cheap" tactic becomes incessant, log off and play later.

Personally I think Henry's an awesome player, and I really enjoy the challenge of fighting him, but even he does things I think are cheap--we all have our pet peeves. And we're all human, from time to time something's going to slip out--I'm no angel in that regard for sure.

That doesn't mean we can't make an effort to make the server fun for everyone, as opposed to a place where everyone who plays in one certain way is cool, and everyone who plays differently is a cheap noob. :)

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:47 pm 
Sarge

Just noticed this thread.

I know how you feel in a way. (People absolutely love to accuse me of hacking and I've been kicked from the HeadShotPwn server for god knows how many times due to simply murdering boatloads of people.) Though you need to retain a cool head and a calm attitude. I've retained good reputations on all the servers I visit due to exactly that. Arguing and complaining about a game like BW will get you nowhere.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2