All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Cheating with the Staff's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 pm 
Clan Member

These weapons when fully charged are completely unbalanced and make the wielder ridiculously dangerous--this is why they are supposed to be difficult to charge up. I figure if you went through the difficult process of charging one up you deserve to have an awesome weapon until you step on one of my mines.

But most people are, in my opinion, cheating with these weapons. The Nova Staff and the Dark whatever have a bug in them, as everybody knows nowadays--you can charge them up by using them on your own teammates. Even though you are inflicting no damage and getting no kills, you can simply hide in a corner playing whackabot until your staff is fully charged and then cut loose. This is clearly a bug and the weapons were never intended to be used that way.

Given that this is a NO CHEAT server, I think these weapons should be removed until a patch is made available to close this loophole that people are exploiting.

Further, given that people don't like listening to me bitch on the server, I figured I'd toss this out here for discussion to spare you my complaints online. I tried to explain to Lil_Hellraiser the other day that he was cheating with the staffs and got called "dumb" for my trouble. Whatever.

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

Post subject: Re: Cheating with the Staff's
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:51 pm 
Clan Member

Well, in my opinion that is NOT cheating with the staffs by charging them up on your own team.

I've noticed with you, queenbitch, that when anyone seems to be able to kill you more than you kill them with a certain weapon you then call them a cheater. I think that's crazy. You may not like to be killed but people aren't cheating just because they kill you. You're a good player but not that good that no one is able to kill you.

As for the other day when you called lil_hellraiser a cheater, you said way more vulgar stuff to him than that. Like "EAT ME", what the hell was that all about? Did you know that you are talking to an 8 year old boy? You said other stuff too. I came in on the end of it when I got home and was watching what you where saying to him. You can say whatever you like to me, it doesn't bother me, I just ignore you, but I would like for you to watch your mouth and how you talk to my son. After all this is just a game. I know you don't like me, and that's fine, but I don't expect you to talk to my son like that when he doesn't say anything vulgar to you. And if he does say anything vulgar on here to anyone I would hope that someone would tell me so that I can take care of that. I've told him that this is just a game and there is no reason for any name calling.

So getting back to the staff's, I don't see anything wrong with charging them up on your own team. Just because you charge them up doesn't mean that you are going to get an automatic kill with them. You still have to use some kind of skill to be able to kill other players.

And queenbitch if either of my son's ever says anything vulgar to you, you can always pm me here and let me know. I assure you I WILL take care of it.

{ABA}hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 pm 
Clan Member

{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
Well, in my opinion that is NOT cheating with the staffs by charging them up on your own team.
I wish I could say I was surprised. I'd love to hear what the developer of those weapons has to say about it.
{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
I've noticed with you, queenbitch, that when anyone seems to be able to kill you more than you kill them with a certain weapon you then call them a cheater. I think that's crazy.
It's not just crazy, it's BS. That's a highly inaccurate characterization of me.
{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
As for the other day when you called lil_hellraiser a cheater, you said way more vulgar stuff to him than that. Like "EAT ME", what the hell was that all about? Did you know that you are talking to an 8 year old boy? You said other stuff too. I came in on the end of it when I got home and was watching what you where saying to him.
Don't quote me out of context--especially if you are going to claim I said "way worse" and then not spell it out. I barely remember the conversation anyway... I do remember saying "eat me" but that's a pretty tame retort. Secondly, I hit back when people aren't nice to me, and I'm not kind when I do it--maybe you should have come in at the START of it, as opposed to the END. And thirdly, OF COURSE I didn't know I was talking to an 8 year old boy. I would never have dreamed an 8 year old boy would be allowed to play games where he shoots people and gets to see their heads blow off in a bloody mess. My daughter didn't touch UT until she was 12 and I still don't let her play it online. Blowing people's heads off is, oh, about a million times worse than "eat me".

That said, now that I know he's 8, I'll certainly be less vulgar in his presence--thanks for letting me know. I apologize to you, and I apologize to him for anything I said that was vulgar. Are there any other small children playing on this server I should know about?
{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
I know you don't like me, and that's fine
Also not true, you don't know me well enough to know how I feel about you without asking, and I don't know you well enough to dislike you. I like you fine. You seem to confuse me complaining about cheap tactics or poor map design with "not liking" someone. That's not how I roll.
{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
So getting back to the staff's, I don't see anything wrong with charging them up on your own team. Just because you charge them up doesn't mean that you are going to get an automatic kill with them. You still have to use some kind of skill to be able to kill other players.
They were designed to be difficult to charge for a reason, Hellraiser. That's fine, do what you want, I'm just lobbing my ever-controversial opinion out there because I just love getting my head bitten off.
QueenBitch wrote:
And queenbitch if either of my son's ever says anything vulgar to you, you can always pm me here and let me know. I assure you I WILL take care of it.
First of all, I will almost certainly not tell you about it. Being vulgar and trash talking is something boys do, and I'm not going to get your kid in trouble with Daddy if he says something "vulgar". The notion of vulgarity itself is pretty laughable when you've got someone named "QueenBITCH" fighting someone named "Lil_HELLraiser" on "A Bad ASS Server" wherein bloody human body parts are par for the course. Plain old UT carnage is far more vulgar than anything I could ever say. Lil_Hell may have copped me an attitude more than once, but he's never said anything vulgar to me, and I wouldn't tell you if he did, unless it suggested to me that he might be in some kind of trouble.

Secondly, maybe you'd better tell me who your other son is. If I was going to guess I'd say "Phantom" based on his apparent immaturity.

I'll close by apologizing to anyone who I've offended in this post, or by anything I've said online. I have no pride, and I have no problem apologizing. Clearly the solution here is to simply keep my opinions to myself, I think perhaps we're all a little too thin-skinned...

No more bitching from Queenie. Nobody gives a **** anyway.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:32 pm 
Clan Member

WOW........I'd reply with something, but after reading that, I have a headache now :shock:

{ABA}hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:55 pm 
Clan Member

That's cool. You said your say, I said mine. There are more important things in life to worry about, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:37 pm 
Clan Member

LOL, yes i do agree.

{ABA}hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 pm 
Over Lord

Let The Beatles song "Let it be" have the last say here:

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, let it be. Yeah

And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:59 pm 
Over Lord

QueenBitch wrote:
No more bitching from Queenie. Nobody gives a **** anyway.

Thanks for some of the suggestions/comments with me earlier - I removed the spawn point in the Dust2k5 as you suggested (terrible place to spawn and be spawn killed) = good advise. Also, you mentioned the "pit" that sucks up the bots in the Blueprint map. I removed most of the bot paths around the "pit" so they don't get stuck in there = good advise. Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. There will always be maps that you don't like (there are many that I do not like as well, I put them in for testing purposes). THANKS to both of you guys for working this out.........Peace..

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 pm 
Clan Member

Hi, just thought I would put in my 2 cents.

I don't think charging up on bots is cheating. For me cheating is using some sort of outside hack, not using whatever methods that are available in-game.

Secondly, I would like to inform players that my 10 year old son plays on occasion but he just uses my Manimal handle so it is hard to say when it's me or him. (usually me!) So I would like players to be aware that sometimes there are kids playing this server. Also, I know it is a pretty violent game but I have my system set for 'no gore' which in my opinion doesn't make it any worse than some of his playstation games. Bodies don't get ripped apart with fountains of blood spurting on the walls. I suppose going around shooting people in a virtual world is questionable to some but boys pretend to do this with sticks at half his age and before they even see these games.

Let's keep it fun!
:P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:28 am 
Sarge

Charging up on bots? Unless you're killing the bots all you will get is ammo for the gun.

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next